TO: THE MEMBERS, GLEBELANDS INDOOR BOWLS CLUB
FROM: THE BOARD
Following a virtual meeting of the Board it was decided to write to members advising them of the latest situation regarding the Club in the light of the Coronavirus lockdown situation. We have no more definitive information than you do as to when the club could reopen. However it is clear to us that it will be well into the Summer season before that is likely to happen.
It is also clear that with social distancing measures still in place it will be extremely difficult to operate the club during the remainder of the summer season. Income, by way of rink fees, has been, and will continue to be severely depleted, overhead costs would remain as before and it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the club to ensure the safety of its members during play. As a result the Board has decided that the club will remain closed at least until 1st September. A decision on a future opening will be taken during August and will be communicated to the members before the end of that month.
The level of subscriptions to be applied for the 2020/21 season will also be decided on in the coming weeks and the closure of the club will be taken into account when making that decision.
Finally the Board was saddened to learn of the deaths during the pandemic of three of the Club’s members. We extend our sympathies to the families of
and Muriel Mendoza
Chairman of the Board